If you want a definite answer to the question “Is WordPress good for SEO?”, you’ve come to the right place. Let me give you the short answer, and then some explanation and tips.
Yes, WordPress is definitely good for SEO. In my experience, WordPress is the best CMS when it comes to generic SEO settings.
And now some quick explanation.
Why Is WordPress Good For SEO?
Let me just share with you the most important and most basic SEO benefits of WordPress as a CMS. These are all essential for good SEO, yet many other systems are struggling with providing them to website owners.
- You have literally unlimited control over the displayed content
- It allows you to use nice URLs and set desired permalink structure
- All website elements work independently from each other (e.g. pages, posts, menu items, footer, sidebar etc.)
- Extended categorizing and tagging possibilities
- Widgets allow easy insertion of key content (e.g. most important keywords, internal links)
- WordPress allows unlimited SEO enhancing options with plugins
Quick Note On WordPress + SEO
Please note that successful SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is not simply a technical question. Choosing an SEO-friendly CMS like WordPress is just the first step, at the end of the day it all comes down to your strategy and content.
If you really want to stand out in search engines with your WP site, please browse this website for more WordPress SEO tips.