If you’re a consultant like me, I bet that one of your most definitive business goals is to get more consulting clients. At the end of the day our clients are the ones who actually make our venture viable, and provide us with the financial support to reach our goals.
So what if I told you there is a much underrated online tool that can actually get you more clients on a permanent basis? A tool you wouldn’t even think can be of any use for you as a consultant…
More Consulting Clients From Blogging???
Blogging, for a lot people simply means posting personal stories, and sometimes confused personal mental images (sic) no one really cares about.
Yes, the original meaning of the word blog comes from web log, an online personal diary. But things in the online scene are constantly changing, so is the meaning of words.
A blog today is simply “a regularly updated website or web page, typically one run by an individual or small group, that is written in an informal or conversational style.” – Source: Google
And that is exactly what I want to bring home with this article. For every consultant, a blog is simply a communications channel on their website to get in front of more possible clients. And bad new is, if you’re not using it, you can bet your competitor will!
How To Get Consulting Clients Blogging?
To make this idea simple, I don’t want to spend your time here on the technical aspects of blogging. You can find several articles here on my website about how to start a blog, how to start a beautiful consulting website, or even how to write so that search engines love it. You can even enroll in my SEO copywriting course if you want to learn that skill.
But instead, let me share with you here how you can actually use a consulting blog to get more clients:
- You can build trust by simply publishing articles on your topic. And trust is our number one weapon when it comes to selling.
- Build a list by subscribing your visitors with a simple popup (you won’t believe how effective it is until you try it). Selling your services to your list is much easier than any other methods.
- Become an expert by popping up in more and more search results. People will more likely order your consulting services simply by seeing your name whenever they search for something in your field.
- The more articles you have on your website, the more chances are some online publisher will reach out to your content. This again can build trust towards you, or even drive some direct sales.
- With a consulting bog, you can build a passive flow of visitors to your website. An endless source of peolple interested in your services, and best of all, you only have to work once for that.
Yes, this is not a one step method of getting consulting clients, but you can rarely do that in one single step. TIP: Simply learn SEO copywriting. You, as a consultant will love it, as you’ll finally be able to write about your profession in a way that you can relate to your clientele.