Food & Cook Theme is one of the best WordPress recipe themes I’ve seen so far. It has a modern look and easily integrates with WooCommerce so besides publishing your recipes you can start monetizing your site right after installing.
I use this theme on my own Hungarian recipe site SpicyGoulash.com, so this post is also a little case study for all of you thinking about buying and installing this WordPress theme.
Food & Cook theme advertises itself as ‘The most complete food & recipe theme‘ and I have to agree. But what is more important to me is that besides having lots of cool features (see the complete list here) it is easy to set up and customize.
You can choose from different layouts for your homepage, recipe archives, and recipe pages. It comes with several useful plugins, like Printer Friendly PDF or Revolution Slider.
Food and Cook Theme Main Features
CookingPress Recipe Features
- Support for Schema.org – Not only visitors but Search Engines will understand (and preferably display with extended content) your recipes – see picture below as example.
- You can easily create your own recipes, categorize them by recipe type, cuisine, courses, ingredients, skill levels and calorie type.
- You can add YouTube or Vimeo videos and your own picture to the recipe method section – showing how to prepare your food step by step.
- Submit recipe function: You can easily let your visitors submit their own recipe.
- The only downside that I found for this theme is that you cannot add pictures directly to the steps of your recipe. You can create a slider that shows how to prepare your food step by step, but this will be shown above all steps, so less experienced cooks might just not understand your recipe perfectly.
Food and Cook Theme Features
- Fully responsive design – Looks great on tablets and mobile screens
- 6 different layouts that you can further customize
- Includes revolution slider free
- Localized theme for international use (.po and .mo files)
- You can customize your theme to use unlimited colors – to fit your own needs
Food and Cook Theme Recommendation
In general I’m quite satisfied with this theme. If there is no need for you to show a picture for each steps in your recipe, I recommend you to buy and use this theme.
Integrate it with WooCommerce Amazon Affiliate plugin, and you’ll be ready to monetize your recipe site in minutes!